Race Update/Squash Update

As an addendum to yesterday's post, I would like to share with you my attempts at cooking our mystery garden squash last night.

This squash...
...was a normal squash!  Imagine that.
We cut it up and sauteed it with some other veggies.  It tasted like squash.
This squash...
...was hard as a freaking rock!  We couldn't even cut it with our new knives.
I think this must be a cross between a squash and a gourd or something.  Cross-pollination is happening for sure!
Let's hope our pumpkins aren't that hard or we'll never be able to carve them!

Now that the Squash Update is complete, I'd like to bring you the Race Update. 

Sunday was the NCNCA Masters State Criterium Championships.  The Cyclist is..was...the current NCNCA Crit Champ until Sunday.  Boo-hoo.  We would have liked it if he could have won again, but I was a little worried about how he would fare after Tuesday's crash

Anyway, we headed off to the race, which was in old-town Clovis, CA.  Before we go on here I'd just like to say, in a non-complainy way, this was a cute town with a nice course and friendly people.  But, I think the race would have had a better turn-out if it was located in a more Northern California central location.  This is purely my spectator opinion.  I have no idea how they pick the location of these races.

So....
...haaay.  Let us begin.
I am still attempting how to learn to take better photos. 
It would probably be a good idea for me to read the camera manual.  I have not yet done this. 
I did succeed in printing it.  It is about an inch thick, so it will take some time for me to read and learn.
In the meantime, I just try stuff and sometimes get lucky.  I am still having issues with focusing, so I decided I would not do any "sport continuous" pics on Sunday, instead focus on...well...focusing.
In the small camera screen, I thought this pic was going to be the shot of the day...

...I don't know how I got the blurred background, but I like it.  The rest is not as clear as I had hoped though.

These ↓ pics are from the race before The Cyclists category (30-34). 
Sorry, I don't know which category it was....maybe 35-39?



The Cyclist took this one ↑.  He does good.  I've decided he has a more steady hand than I do.


I like this ↑ pic.  But once again, blurry.  Boo.


Showin' some Rio love ↑.


  

This ↓ was probably my most clear photo of the day...



So overall,  not bad, not great.

Let's move on to The Cyclist's race...


...waitin' at the start...

...and right away these two dudes start attacking...
  

...and the peloton began the chase...


....and continued to chase...


(this ↑ picture turned out pretty clear)

...but those two up front just kept making the gap bigger....
...look, he's even smiling about it ;) ....


...and the peloton kept chasing...


 ...and chasing...

 ...and chasing...



Let me stop here and explain the course was a figure 8.
At one point when I was standing at the center and saw that these dudes ↓ were a fool loop ahead of those dudes ↑ I figured it was a done deal....


....so I took some pretty pics along the course...


...cute birdhouse...


...cute house house...

...and made my way back to the finish line....


Congrats new crit champ, whoever you are.

We were bummed but it was nothing a little of this couldn't solve...


The End.

I'll be posting ALL the photos here and to flickr shortly.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover