A note about knives....

We have had crappy knives forever!  But with the wedding, we received a whole new set along with an  understanding that I have terrible knife knowledge.

When I was making the Penne, Portabella & Prosciutto The Cyclist suddenly said "Babe, what are you doing?"  He quickly explained I was using a paring knife to chop.  Oops.


The paring knife is the little one.  The bigger knife is a chopping knife .....in case you were wondering.  Additionally, I was originally cutting on a marble cutting board and not the bamboo one shown here.  That is also a no-no.  The Cyclist informs me that paring knives are for "peeling and small stuff", so I am learning.

I never knew the joy of a good knife until I had some.  I seriously used a steak knife to cut just about everything.  Our knives were so bad that one of our friends once threatened to go home and get her own knife when she tried to cut bread at a dinner party we were hosting.  I didn't blame her.  I love the new knives, the only thing that worries me now is chopping my finger off! Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover