Reno's Arts District

So I mentioned in my Tour De Nez post that the area where the race was held was pretty cool. 

My first impression was walking up to race reg along this park....



The flowers were gorgeous....


...the park runs along the Truckee River...


...which runs right through the edge of town...


In the area closer to town, they've built in these natural looking rock surfaces to make swimming/kayaking/rafting/lounging areas...



...(this building looked European to me)...


...lots of nice little swimming holes...



The race course crossed the river twice on two different bridges...



...I kept noticing all of these little art pieces on lampposts...



...then I came upon this sign...


...hello!

This was really kind of beautiful....



I love the sky.  Someone sure did a nice job...


...painting it on the side of this building!

More lamppost art....


...a very cool mural...



As I walked along I came to this funky building...


...which turned out to be the


There was an interesting sculpture park outside...


The art inspired me to tinker with my photos when I got home.  I came up with these...



We have a new camera that I will be working on learning more about.  It is nothing like this


so don't expect anything miraculous.  But, I know there is room for improvement. 

The Pioneer Woman posted about this book, Plate to Pixel the other day.  It looks interesting, so I'd like to check it out.  I will also probably enlist the help of Ironmom (my mom, and yes, she really is an Iron woman), who is a pretty talented photographer.  Suggestions and advice are welcome!

Anyway, if you are ever in Reno or passing through, the Arts District area is a worthwhile stop.



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover