Corn Salsa!

So I was making fish tacos and I wanted to do some type of relish or salsa, but alas, I only had 3 small tomatoes...woe is me...


...(my food photo skills are improving a bit though, yipee!)
Anyway, I thought to myself, "what can I add to this?" and began scavenging through the fridge. 
I found...


Corn!
...(pic #2 not as good.  Boo!)...
I also found....


...sweet yellow onion!
And.....


...some hot peppers I bought at the Farmer's Market, yipee!

I chopped up the tomatoes and threw them in the bowl...


...I boiled the corn (no photo, boiling corn is bo-ring!).  While the corn was a-cookin' I chopped up those onions and hot peppers (remember?  see above).  Once the corn was cooked, I cut it off the cob....


...I threw everything into the tomato bowl and mixed it around.  I then added some salt and pepper and lemon and lime juice...


And viola!


Tasty corn salsa!
(or you could call it relish too, whatever suits you.)

I posted the whole recipe to Tasty Kitchen.

***I shared this recipe on the following sites, click the links for more tasty recipe ideas...



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover