White Bean, Basil & Lemon Hummus

The Cyclist loves his hummus, so I tried to re-create a white bean basil hummus that is sold at Trader Joe's; this was my second attempt.  And again, mine took a different flavor direction than the TJ's brand.....


....and then I went into TJ's the other day and realized that although they do make a White Bean and Basil Hummus, the one The Cyclist loves is actually Tuscan White Bean.  So I've been trying to match the wrong flavors all along.
Wah-waa.

This hummus turned out tasty just the same, so get out your white beans, basil & lemon and let's go!



I really do believe the key to tasty hummus is to let it sit in the fridge overnight so the flavors can meld.  Here's the stuff and how to...

Ingredients:

1 cup dry white beans or two 14.5 oz cans of white (Navy) beans, drained
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp tahini
juice from 2 large lemons (I used Meyer's)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
1 cup basil leaves, packed
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar

How to:

If using dry beans, boil your beans in water until done, it will probably take close to two hours.  Drain and cool in the fridge.
Once beans are cooled (or if you're using canned beans, drain them) and dump into your food processor.  Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth.  Put the hummus in your fridge overnight and enjoy the next day!

P.S.  I'm working on creating a Recipage so that all of my recipes will be easily printable, findable and usable.  More on that later!



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover