I've found a lot of helpful posts from other bloggers that helped me learn how to do all of this, so far, as follows:
- Clover Lane - Tutorial on How To Make A Blog Header in Blogger
- Makin' Cute Blogs - How to Center your Header in Blogger
- Additionally, Makin' Cute Blogs has a bunch of good other Blogger Tutorials
- Spice Up Your Blog - How To Add Gadgets Above Header in Blogger - A note on this one. I wanted to move my Pages above my header, but as far as I can tell, the only way to keep them horizontal is to leave them below the header. Bummer. This tutorial is helpful but was not completely accurate for me. I could not find the exact code she referred to....instead I did "ctrl F" and typed in "maxwidgets", I changed the 1 to 5 as she discusses and it did work.
- Blogger PlugIns - How to Remove the Nav bar in Blogger