Pumpkin Madness Day Three - The Pumpkin Cookie Caper

After making that Spicy Pumpkin Hummus and thinking it was a recipe fail,
I wanted something sweet!

So, I thought, roasted pumpkin + ??? 
Could I make a pumpkin sugar cookie?
No, I wanted more.
But chocolate chips + pumpkin.  No.
I had butterscotch chips.  No.
Ah-ha!
White chocolate chips!
Pumpkin white chocolate chip cookies with brown sugar!
YES!
I even ran to the store at 9PM to buy white chocolate chips.

And I made these....


(I was still playing with Hipstamatic so these pics are kinda scary)

And then I came to work on Monday and saw this....


and this...

Photograph: TK Blog

What the what?!

Was this girl peeking in my window Saturday night?

But alas, this cookie recipe was originally posted by Cassie at Bake Your Day  long before the idea entered my mind.

But seriously, look at the similarities between our recipes:

Mine/Cassie's

1 cup Flour/2-¼ cups All-purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder/1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda/1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon/1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
3 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
pinch of Salt/½ teaspoons Salt
1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar1 Stick of Butter, Softened (or 1/2 cup)/½ cups Butter, Softened
1/2 cups White Sugar/1 cup Granulated Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar/½ cups Brown Sugar
1 cup Pumpkin/1 cup Pumpkin Puree
1 egg/1 whole Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
6oz or 1/2 bag White Chocolate Chips/1-½ cup White Chocolate Chips

Anyway, the only thing I would change in my recipe is to add a tad more flour.  The cookies were super moist, which I like, but weren't sticking quite enough.

I swear I did not see this recipe until Gaby's post on Monday!
Just ask the peeps I brought cookies to at Sunday night's Savage Sprints!

I obviously won't be posting this to Tasty Kitchen as it is just too similar.  
It is posted below, with my fix on the flour.

Additionally, it was suggested to me that these would be good with craisins...and I started thinking about that and sliced almonds....so I may be modifying this in the near future!!

Ingredients:
1 cup Pumpkin
1/2 cups White Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1 Stick of Butter, Softened (or 1/2 cup)
1 egg
1 1/4 cups Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
3 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
pinch of Salt
6oz or 1/2 bag White Chocolate Chips

How to:
Put the pumpkin, sugar and butter in your mixer and mix until blended.
Add the egg and mix until blended.
Mix all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add in parts to the pumpkin/sugar/egg mixture.  Mix until blended.
Add the white chocolate chips last.
I let my dough sit in the fridge overnight and baked all the cookies the next day.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy!


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover