Dinner Last Week #5

Since the Superbowl is this weekend, I'm including our Sunday-before-last eats that we enjoyed while watching our team lose.  Hopefully you can work one of these into your Superbowl festivities.

SUNDAY - Barbecued Ribs, Green Salad, Cheesy Corn & Black Bean Dip, Roasted Garbanzos, Chips+Salsa+Guac and other goodies + Beer Soaked Oven Fries

Nick made the ribs, Mom made the salad.  I made.... 
Cheesy Corn & Black Bean Dip from Simply Scratch

Via
















I made an attempt at de-fatifying this by substituting the majority of the mayo with greek yogurt.  Don't be like me.  Although mine didn't turn out terrible, it didn't set either.  This is meant to be an indulgent dip, so don't mess with the recipe, just go for it.

Roasted Garbanzos from She Wears Many Hats

Via

















If you want a healthier snack this is it.  I've made these before and we always gobble them up.  Similar to a corn-nut but not quite as crunchy, but just as satisfying.  Plus, I love that she calls them Garbanzos instead of Chick Peas!

Beer Soaked Oven Fries by The Beeroness

Via























This recipe was the favorite of the three.  These are restaurant quality fries and worth the wait.  We had them as a side with the ribs and salad.  The Beeroness' Stout French Onion Soup recipe is also delicious.

MONDAY - Weeknight Pan Roasted Chicken by A Girl and Her Fork

Via
















We talked about this before.  I gave Nick the choice between this and Foodiecrush's Honey Mustard Chicken, which I would still like to try.

TUESDAY - COSTCO Dinner

No I'm not kidding. I actually had an eye appointment and got my first perscription for glasses (can you say old?).  Nick wandered around and picked out Bao Asian buns and tortilla soup for our dinner.  Did you know "Bao" is pronounced "wow"?  Anyway, the wow buns were good and although it seems weird to eat them with tortilla soup, we did it anyway.

WEDNESDAY - Veggies with Red Curry and Jasmine Rice + more Bao buns

I used up all of our leftover veggies to make a quick Thai-ish dish.  It went like this:

2 tbsp. pre-made red curry paste
1 can coconut milk
veggies of your choosing
1 cup of jasmine rice, cooked and prepared to package instructions

Saute your veggies in oil (I used olive).  Add in the red curry paste and saute for 1-2 minutes.  Add the can of coconut milk and stir until it changes to a light red color.  Simmer everything for about 5-10 minutes.  Serve over jasmine rice.  Eat some WowBao buns if you have them.

THURSDAY - Crock-pot Chicken Tacos

Seriously.  The recipe is coming soon.

FRIDAY - Pizza Night!  Pizza #1 - sausage, mushroom, onion, bell, with red pepper pesto; Pizza #2 - olive oil, collard green, aged white cheddar, sweet potato with egg.

So Friday I decided to whip up some homemade pizzas.  I always use Trader Joe's dough.  Pizza #1 was pretty basic, but I got a little crazy with Pizza #2.  Here is how Pizza #2 went:

Peel and slice sweet potato into bite sized pieces, steam in microwave (put a tad bit of water in the bottom of a microwave safe dish, fill with potatoes, cover loosely and heat).  Set aside.
Clean and slice collard greens (I used 3 leaves) and toss in a bit of olive oil and salt.  Set aside.
Grate aged white cheddar.
Once your dough is rolled, spread olive oil over the crust.
Top with white cheddar, collard greens and potatoes.  Crack your egg(s) onto the pizza now.
Cook in your hottest oven until egg white has set but yolk is still soft.
Crack yolks upon serving.

Pizza #2 didn't turn out as I'd envisioned but it was still really good.  I put my eggs on too late (at the end of cooking), so don't be like me.

That's it!
TCW



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover