Asian Turkey Burgers


The last time I went to Costo I bought a crapton of ground turkey.
Apparently I thought there was going to be a turkey shortage or something.
Needless to say, we were tired of turkey.  Turkey Tired I Say!
That's OK though.  It forced me to get creative.


I threw that plain old ground turkey in a bowl and added some new friends.  Mint.  Green Onion.  Cilantro.  Jalepeno.  Ginger.  Sesame Oil.  Soy Sauce.  Garlic.  And one old friend - ripped up bread to hold those patties together.


The end result was a new and tasty turkey creation!


We enjoyed these over wild rice, topped with Sriracha and sliced avocado, but they'd be good on a bun too!

Recipe as follows....enjoy friends!

Ingredients:
1/2 lb. ground turkey (I'm usually cooking for 2 1/2, so a half a package works for us, if you have a bigger family you can double this recipe up, or make extra patties to freeze)
1/4 cup chopped mint
4 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp. diced jalepeno
1 1/2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced or squished in a garlic press
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium, always)
1 piece of sandwich bread ripped up into small pieces
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 sliced California avocado 

How to:
Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and mash together with your clean hands.  
Form patties, the recipe above will yield 2 big patties or 2 regular sized patties plus one small kid sized patty.  The patties will be very wet.  I usually make a ball with the meet then toss it down onto a piece of parchment paper to flatten out, then do patty formation.
Cook in a frying pan (or a grill pan) at a medium heat until cooked through.  A good tip is to wait to flip until you see that the sides are starting to show as "done".
Top with sliced avocado.

Enjoy!

You can also find this at Tasty Kitchen!

I shared this recipe on the following sites, click the links for more tasty recipes!







Print Friendly and PDF

15 comments:

  1. That sounds so yummy! I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have something here. This looks like a delicious concoction with some of my favorite flavore. I could easily make this, the next time, we have meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try it! Let me know what you think.

      Delete
  3. looks delicious! i love that you served them with wild rice! delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Sometimes it's good to leave out the bread! :)

      Delete
  4. One thing I didn't mention - the patties will be very wet feeling, but they cooked up and held together just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap this is looks divine. Next time I go grocery shopping I'm getting the ingredients for this meal.

    Love your blog! My boyfriend is really interested in cycling too. It seems like he's been doing races every weekend lately haha. I like how you post pictures from your husbands races, they look great! Not sure if your husband would be interested, but my boy blogs (occasionally) about his races. here's the link http://thelifeandstoryoftate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison, I hope you guys like them! I see you're in Nevada, maybe we'll run into you at a race sometime! I've got the blog on my feed. :)

      Delete
  6. okay, this all looks absolutely scrumptious! especially with the avocado!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah,

    LOVE this recipe. I'm a sucker for Asian cuisine. Just love your presentation too.

    Hugs,
    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks good! I love using turkey instead of beef. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover