Recipe Find - Joy the Baker's Savory Waffles

I can't remember where I first saw these....I think it was on a Tuesday Things edition of How Sweet It Is, but I can't figure out which one.

Either way, I think you should do like I did and make up Joy the Baker's Savory Cornmeal and Chive Waffles with Salsa and Eggs for dinner tonight.

IMG_6473
Photo via Joy the Baker


You are hungry now right?  You should be.  

I made these after a track workout one night.  My standard after track meal is eggs on toast, but I had seen these during the day and I had some buttermilk to use up at home, so I went for it.

I didn't have chives, so I used regular old yellow onion, sliced up.  My salsa didn't look as good as Joy's, but it worked.  I also didn't have parsley, so I left it out.

Even with all of these changes, these waffles were so delicious I had to share.  And I can't even describe how good they smell while cooking.  Seriously, you should make these.

Additionally, in making this recipe I learned that the key to delicious and fluffy waffles is buttermilk and cornmeal!!  Holy waffles I tell you!

Just ask The Munchkin.  Whenever I ask him what he wants to eat he says "an-cakes" or "awfuls".  I used the basics of this recipe to make a regular old non-savory waffle for me and The Munchkin on a Saturday morning and he declared the "awfuls" were "mmmm".  

I can tell you're inspired now.  So go make these waffles!
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. That is one beautiful picture! Yum-yum! Breakfast food is my fave. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber, I wish I could claim that photo, but it belongs to Joy the Baker. :)

      Delete
  2. yep! i officially want to make these now! ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, they are super easy and super good!

      Delete

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover