Pinsipiration! Recipe Find - Spanish Roast Chicken with Romesco and Grilled Onions

Hello Everyone!  I continue to be Pinspired.  I spotted this on Pinterest awhile back and thought it looked sooo good....I also assumed it would be difficult so it sat on my Food! board for awhile looking pretty but not being made.

Photo via Serious Eats

Then, as I walked the aisles at Trader Joe's, those little chickens would taunt me from the cold case.  "Roast me, roast me!"

I finally gave in.  Boy am I glad I did!  I had never roasted a chicken before (what the what?!), but it was much easier than I anticipated.  Although, I did need The Cyclist's help "tucking wing tips behind shoulder of the bird".  Yeah, what the heck does that mean?  The Cyclist knew thankfully.

It turns out roasting a chicken is not so difficult, but a little time consuming.  The author explains this recipe as being made for a Sunday dinner, so I did just that, made it on a Sunday when I had some time to put in.

Now that you are convinced you too must roast a chicken on Sunday, let me share with you my process (in photos)...




 

 

The Scoop - A yummy Spanish roast chicken with interesting seasoning and sauce.  Great for a Sunday, weekend or dinner party dinner.
The Verdict - As tasty as it looked and something I would definitely make again.
The Fix - There is no fix to this recipe.  The only thing I would have changed is we don't have a meat thermometer, so we were guessing.  Luckily The Cyclist guessed right (he's really good at cooking meat), so ours was perfect, but you could easily dry this birdie out if you don't have a meat thermometer or skilz like The Cyclist.
Mentionables - The Romesco was so freaking good!  The recipe makes a lot, but that's good because you will want these left-overs.  I used the rest of the Romesco the following day in black bean & chicken tacos, topped with some cilantro - the Romesco made those babies without a doubt.  Others:  I couldn't find hazelnuts so I didn't use them; I don't have a v-rack so I used our regular roasting pan and it seemed to work just fine; I didn't buy my chicken at Trader Joe's after all, instead I opted for an organic brand at our local co-op.

You can find the whole recipe here:

Enjoy!
TCW










Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Sarah!!

    I'll have to try this.

    Love learning about new recipes.

    Have a great rest of your week.

    Hugs,
    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! It was really good, totally worth trying. Have a good weekend!

      Delete

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover