Restaurant Gary Danko & Post #100!


First things first:
Where have I been?


This is a good interpretation.
I would like to call it "Buried under Christmas".
And yes. Those are my legs. Really.

I put a pause on posting during the holiday's.
I find when the little bloggy starts to feel like work, it shows in the posts.
So, although I enjoyed the blogosphere over the holiday's, I did not contribute much.

But, I am back with Post #100!
Yipee.

And, I bring you a special treat....
come, have lunch with me at Restaurant Gary Danko...







I think I said before I have a real job.
It is the urban legend of jobs.
They take us amazing places like this.
And for Christmas, we get on a limo bus and head to San Francisco....
for a private lunch at Gary Danko...

Welcome...






I am told Chef Danko creates all of the holiday decor.
It is fabulous every year....























Pretty amazing right?

I love the chandeliers....







We start with some champagne....






...appetizers were also involved.
But.
Instead of photographing them.
I ate them.


Our table is already set....













...the bar is open...







Specialty cheeses, anyone?






What does that say on the glass?
Oh, it's a Formagerator...







Really. That's the technical term.

Oh, were you wondering where the wine was?
Here is some of it...







I'll give you a quick peek at the menu before we begin....







The service at Gary Danko is amazing.
Everything is thought of, down to the little details.
Check out my own private butter, with a waffled top....







Oh, did you need a special plate for your cork?  Of course...







OK. Let's get to the food.

Course #1
Amuse Bouche
"A welcome from the Chef"







This was a goat cheese and walnut (? I think) dish with beets and balsamic. Yum.






Course #2
Lobster and Fennel Bisque with Dungeness Crab, Peppers and Saffron-Orange Remoulade

The plate is first set before you...

...and then the bisque is poured...






I am throwing in the wine photos.
We had a separate pairing with each course, but I'm not sure the order in which these came...












Let's take a break from all that good food and take a tour of the kitchen!

Sneak peek of Course #3.....







...hmmm...what could it be?







Goings on in the kitchen...







Bad photo but, there was a cloth with each of these little guys perfectly cut and set out for garnishing.







...I'm not really sure what this is....anyone??







...the staff making the perfect little garnish leaves...







U-shaped kitchen for better communication among the different stations.







The Chef was explaining to me that they make a different stock for each meat (veal, beef, etc.) and cook it in the stock to get the wonderful flavor....




























Our Chef...
(not Chef Danko, but I didn't catch his name...)

































More of this later....


Ahh...breakfast cakes.
These are passed out as we leave.
I always give this to The Cyclist, since it's employees only at lunch.
(Bummer for him).







Course #3
Striped Bass with Speck, Gnocchi, Butternut Squash, Crimini Mushrooms, Capers & Sage







The "Speck" is a German (I think) ham, that was wrapped around the Bass.
So good!

More wine...















Course #4
Quail Stuffed with Foie Gras, Mushrooms and Quinoa, Savoy Cabbage,
Cipollini-Pecan Chutney and a Bread Dumpling















Oh. If you get up for a minute, your plate will get covered like magic...








Wine...















New silver with each course...







Course #5
A Selection of Farmhouse and Artisanal Cheeses















Yes. The cheese is one of my favorite courses.
It also goes well with more wine...

















We didn't have that much wine.






Really.







Course #6
Baked Raspberry Souffle with Raspberry Ice Cream and Raspberry Sauce







First, the souffle.




Then, this stuff...cream or meringue of some kind?




Then the Raspberry Sauce...






Oh....look...






Then the Raspberry Ice Cream...












And then....












I liked this dessert but it was too sweet for me to finish.
Don't read this as a complaint.

Course #7
Coffee and Mignardises






The end.

If you ever have the chance to visit Gary Danko, I highly recommend.
My Yelp review can be found here.
Additionally, I added a new tab above for Restaurant Finds.

Have a nice day!
Gary Danko on Urbanspoon Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover