Tasty Recipes from Around the Web

Hi Friends!

I'm starting to feel like we are getting settled in our new place.  There has been a lot of cooking happening, but the time change is screwing with my photography.  Blerg.

Anyway, did you know that I have a Pinterest Board strictly dedicated to "completed" pins?  This is where I actually comment on my experience with the recipe/project.  Today I thought I would share some of my favorite recipes that we've tried lately.....

First Up: Weeknight Pan Roasted Chicken from A Girl And Her Fork

Via


















I just discovered Ally's blog and I love the fact that she is local (Sactown!).  I made this on a weeknight, just like the recipe says and it was SO tasty.  Nick kept saying it was "on time" and in my head I was envisioning "on thyme" since there is tasty thyme in this recipe.  I'm a word nerd, I know.

The Scoop - A savory dish with lots of flavor, file under comfort food.  Easy enough to make after work.  I made a side of roasted red potatoes with rosemary.
The Verdict - On Thyme!  But seriously, a really tasty dish that I will make again.  Would also be good for a small dinner party.  Presents well in the skillet.
The Fix - There is no fix for this recipe.  It's just plain good as it is.
Mentionables - Along with being tasty another thing I liked about this recipe is that it uses boneless skinless chicken thighs.  I used to be afraid of chicken thighs but I've been using them more often lately.  They are inexpensive (even organic) and have a lot of flavor.

Next Up: Creamy Polenta with Chicken Sausages by Bev Cooks

Via



































Bev is funny and she makes good stuff.  Being an Italian girl and lover of polenta this dish caught my eye.  It was another goodie made after work (I like those meals!) and was super tasty.  I made it just before Spring so now that we are back in the Fallzone (is that a thing?) this is sure to be served in our house again soon.

The Scoop - Comfort food for sure.  Super tasty and creamy and easily made with stuff you probably always have in your cupboard and fridge.
The Verdict - I certainly plan on making this again!  It could also be a nice side dish for a large party.
The Fix - There is no real fix.  When I made it I happened to have some left over half and half so I used a cup of that and a cup of milk (original recipe calls for 2 cups of milk).  The half and half probably made it a bit creamier, but also made it that much more caloric.  I only used it so not to waste it.  I also used all red and orange or yellow peppers, I typically don't buy green.  And if memory serves I used parsley in place of cilantro.
Mentionables - As I said, you probably have all of the ingredients for this in your fridge.  This is a great recipe because it can be changed up here and there and still tastes great.

And Third one is the Charm:  Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes by Annie's Eats

Via
















We are forever on a Quest for the Perfect Pancake.  These are certainly near perfect.  I first made them a long time ago and then made them again just last weekend because I had leftover pumpkin puree.  The flavor is delicious and the consistency of the pancakes is nice - not too dense.

The Scoop - A near perfect Fall pancake liked by kids and adults.
The Verdict - Well, I've made them twice so I'm sure I'll make them again!
The Fix - No fixing here.  I left out the ground ginger and ground cloves because for whatever reason I didn't have those spices in my cupboard (fail).  That said, I think adding them would a but of punch to the cake which would be tasty.  I used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.  Coconut oil is my go to oil for breakfast and dessert recipes that call for oil of any kind.
Mentionables - We had some left over so I brought them to work Monday and popped them in the toaster and filled the office with yummy pumpkiny aroma.  I spread a bit of plain cream cheese on them and it was a nice treat.

Well friends, that is it!  I hope you try some of these recipes too.

TCW




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover