Disappearing Pumpkin Cookie Chews

After the great pumpkin cookie debacle of 2011
I knew I wanted to modify my accidental copy-cat recipe.

Hence, I bring you...
Disappearing Pumpkin Cookie Chews





When you make these, they will disappear.
Even when The Cyclist your friend who says they hate coconut, 
complains about you putting it in cookies and "ruining" them
and refuses to eat them,
they will still eat them anyway.
And your cookies will disappear.
Like magic.

OK, moving on.
I wanted to keep the same idea of the Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies,
but add some extra flava (that's fancy for flavor).

I opted for my original idea of adding:
Golden Raisins (although Craisins would be good, I just didn't have any)
Almonds
Coconut

In the original recipe I used my own pumpkin puree,
but this time opted for this goodness...






(from a can).

You'll measure out that pumpkin like so...






And if you are like me and love your Kitchen Aid Mixer,
you'll dump all the ingredients in at once...






...mix...
...then add the good stuff...






...and mix some more...






...and the final result is...
...well...
cookie dough.
Duh!






Full recipe is below.  You can also find it at Tasty Kitchen.
P.S.
If you are wondering why everything is in thirds, 
it is because my measuring cups are crappy,
I'm missing some,
and,
I think I thought I was using a 1/2 cup until I started writing.
It's OK though. 
The Cyclist bought me new fancy measuring cups because he loves me.
♥♥♥♥

Ingredients:
1 2/3 cups Flour
1 cup Pumpkin
1/2 cups White Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
3 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
pinch of Salt
1 Stick of Butter, Softened (or 1/2 cup)
1 Egg
1/3 C chopped golden raisins (packed) + 1/3 C whole golden raisins
2/3 C raw sliced almonds (un-salted)
1/2 C flake coconut
6oz or 1/2 bag White Chocolate Chips

How to:
Put the pumpkin, sugars and butter in your mixer and mix until blended.
Add the egg and mix until blended.
Mix all of the remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add in parts to the pumpkin/sugar/egg mixture.  Mix until blended.
Add raisins, almonds and coconut and mix until blended.
Add white chocolate chips last and mix in your mixer or stir in with a wooden spoon.
I let my dough sit in the fridge overnight, then baked all the cookies the following day.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.





**I've shared this recipe at the following sites - follow the links for more great and tasty recipe ideas.
Alli N' Sons - Sweet Tooth Friday


Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover