Recipe Find - The Pioneer Woman's Chicken Tortilla Soup


So, a couple of weeks ago it was still 80 degrees here in Northern California.
as I lay in the grass and looked up at the tree in my yard...
...I prayed for changing leaves and Fall....





...and it was hot and my tree was still green.
I wanted Fall because I wanted soup!
I ♥ soup.
So I decided to make it even though it was 80 degrees outside.

I made The Pioneer Woman's Chicken Tortilla Soup once before this...
and I ♥'d it.
Pretty much like most of the things I find on her blog.
So I decided to make it again.
It is easy too....
...just pay attention to the cook time cause' it always takes longer than I think it's going to.

Start by mixin' up some tasty spices...




....which consist of these....





...you're also going to bake 2 chicken breasts.
Throw a little olive oil on top...





...and a little of that spice mixture.




Then put it in the oven.

While it's cooking you can mince some garlic and chop some onion...





....and chop some red bell pepper....





...and some green bell pepper too...





When you're done choppin', heat up your soup pot and throw in some olive oil.
Then throw in all your chopped goods and saute...





Eventually your chicken will be done and you'll shred it.
You'll also add some chicken stock and the rest of your spice mixture to the pot,
along with the shredded chicken...
...and a can of diced tomatoes & green chilies...
...and some tomato paste...
...and some black beans...
...and your soup will be simmering for awhile...





Meanwhile, you'll mix up some masa...





...which you'll add to your soup about halfway through simmering...

...while your soup is simmering, you can get your selected toppings ready...





...you will also add some tortilla strips to the soup just before it's done.

And.
If you're a good blogger,
you will take a picture of your final product.
But,
if you are Wife,
you will eat your soup in a fury because you are hungry and impatient.
Then you will say,
"oops".
And then you will sit on your couch in a soup induced coma.

Here is The Pioneer Woman's picture of the finished product...


This soup is good!  You will ♥ it too.
Don't miss the most important step though...
"Check seasonings, adding more if needed"
I didn't do this and should have added more seasoning.
I was nervous.... 
...I served this the same night I made my Costa Rican Black Bean Dip...
...and almost burned Nana's mouth off.
I was scurred to add any more seasoning to my soup.
Don't be scurred.
Trust The Pioneer Woman.

You can find the whole recipe here.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover