Can we talk about Farro?

I'm not sure how farro came into my scope of vision but I'm kind of obsessed.
Ever since I made the Breakfast Farro I realized how endless the possibilities of this grain really are.



































Not long after Breakfast Farro came about I continued to keep my eye out for new ways to make it.
I found this recipe from Smitten Kitchen for One-pan Farro with Tomatoes.

Via Smitten Kitchen




















Holy goodness!  First off, who doesn't love a one-pan meal?
"I don't."  Said no one.  Ever.
This farro dish is very easy and incredibly good.  It comes out like a creamy risotto with tons of flavor.
We added some cooked chicken and ate this as a main course and also made it as a side.  So tasty.

The Smitten Kitchen version inspired me to make my Avocado-Farro salad, another farro side with an Asian twist for PopSugar Food.






Last night I found this recipe on 101 Cookbooks.

Via 101 Cookbooks


Seriously?  Could it get any better?  This is one of those recipes that you could just stand there and eat the entire thing out of your serving bowl.  Not.  Even.  Kidding.
We had buttermilk left over from my red velvet cupcake testing (if you follow me on instagram you know what I'm talking about) and I googled "buttermilk recipes" to see if I could find a way to use it with dinner. This popped up and although it looked good to me I was hesitant because Nicholas claims to hate radishes. Apparently he doesn't.
Three of us ate what was supposed to be a serving for EIGHT.  Truth.
There is a little bit left at home and you bet your bottom dollar I'll be finishing it tonight.  Unless Nicholas gets to it first.
A little note on this recipe - it calls for 4 cups of cooked farro.  I found that two cups of dry farro makes just about 4 cups of cooked.  :)

These were too good not to share!  Try out the farro, I promise you won't be disappointed!


TCW



Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I make this one for potlucks all the time, even people who scoff at farro love it.

    http://www.a-girl-and-her-fork.blogspot.com/2013/05/figs-and-farro-salad-with-mandarin.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that looks good! I like your fig chopping technique. Those sticky little suckers always get me, I'll have to try to freeze them first next time!

      Delete

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover