Cool Thing Friday #2

Somehow I managed to not bring you a post this week.  Boo.  I have some yummy things lined up in the photo queue so I hope to have those for you soon.  All this moving and temporary living makes it hard to find a routine.  My apologies.  I did however manage to find you a cool thing for Cool Thing Friday.

Has everyone been keeping up with last weeks cool thing - 40 Days of Dating?!  I cannot get enough of it! Will they work out, no, maybe?  It's killing me!

I'm excited to share this weeks cool thing!
May I introduce you to The Real Housewife of Ciudad Juarez.

via The Real Housewife of Ciudad Juarez














Emily moved to Mexico in 2010 because her husband is unable to apply for legal status in the U.S. until 2020. I heard about her on the latest episode of This American Life.  I totally recommend you listen to her segment, it is intriguing.  If Juarez sounds familiar to you it probably is - when Emily moved there it was the murder capital of the world.  Although I am filing this post under Cool Thing Friday, I don't know that I would call Emily's situation a "cool thing" but it certainly is interesting.  Is her decision to live in Mexico reckless? Misguided?  Selfish?  Insane?  Good?  Right?  Romantic?  Brave?  Reading Emily's blog and taking a peak into this extremely different life experience is eye-opening to say the least.  Although you may not agree with her decision, or all aspects of it, her desire and drive to stay with her husband makes for good reading.

So there you ago, another cool thing from the interweb.

Have a great weekend!

♥TCW




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover