Let's Kickstart some Ananda Squares

Hi there friends.  I was recently contacted by Isaac from Ananda Foods.  They have a Kickstarter campaign going to launch their product, you can check it out here.



As Isaac explains in the video, the bars are made with Amaranth, a mighty grain with a nutritional value similar to Quinoa (another favorite of ours).  I immediately recognized the Amaranth plant as it is being sold at my local farmer's market and coincidentally, is also growing at a little farm right down the road from our new digs.  It is really pretty!


Isaac was kind enough to send me bite sized samples of each of the bars.  I was surprised at the lightness of the Amaranth.  It was not as dense and/or sticky as I suspected.  I'm curious to know how they are getting those grains to stick?!  It had a nutty light flavor.  My favorite bar sample was the fruit, really tasty.  I was starving when I ate the samples and I can honestly say the 3 little bites did take the edge off of my hungry belly.

Of course, being someone who typically would eat something like this while riding or running, I asked Isaac about the packaging which he says will be easy to open/tear.  This is especially good for someone like me who is neither graceful nor has very good bike handling skills!

I like supporting small organizations that I feel are doing something good.  If the Ananda Squares sound good to you or you just like the idea, I encourage you to support the Kickstarter campaign.

Have a good day!
TCW

P.S.  We leave for our road trip tomorrow.  I. Can't. Wait.

**I was not compensated for this post other than receiving (and eating) the three Ananda Square samples mentioned.  All opinion are completely my own.



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover