Homemade Garden Burgers & Sir Kensington's Gourmet Scooping Ketchup

My husband is a fan of protein.
"Babe, how about some protein with that?"
"Babe, we need more protein."
"I need protein."

This translates to "add meat to everything you cook please".

But I am the daughter of granola parents.  And I don't think we need meat all the time.  I think we can have hearty meals without meat.  So the other night I made us homemade garden burgers.


The Cyclist was very skeptical.

And then he ate them.

And I got the seal of approval on a no-meat (but protein filled!) meal.

Yipee!

And additionally, I have a double Yipee!

Sir Kensington's sent me some of their tasty Gourmet Scooping Ketchup to try out and it really made these garden burgers extra delicious.  Even better, Sir Kensington's uses real tomatoes and real sugars (instead of high fructose corn syrup).  In my humble opinion, it is much tastier than other ketchup I have had.  Also, I think the branding of this product is fabulous.  I totally recommend clicking the link and perusing their site.


Now the double Yipee(!!) - I'll be partnering with Sir Kensington's to give you some of their fabulous ketchup and sharing some other ketchup recipe ideas I have.  More to follow, so stay tuned!

And last but not least - here is how to make those tasty garden burgers....

{inspired by Jessica's BBQ Cheddar Chickpea Burgers}

Ingredients:

1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 teaspoon olive oil + 1 tablespoon
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 medium peeled carrot, chopped
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 medium zucchini, grated
2 tablespoons Sir Kensington's Spicy Ketchup
2 tablespoons Sir Kensington's Plain Ketchup
30 oz. of garbanzo beans (aka chick peas), drained and rinsed (I used dry beans, but you can also use 2 15 oz. cans)
3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
salt & pepper to taste

Saute red onions and 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat, add a pinch of salt, let cook & caramelize for a few minutes.  Remove from heat and set aside.

Add brocolli, carrots, zucchini & cilantro to your food processor and pulse until finely chopped.  Add garbanzo beans, ketchup, whole wheat pastry flour, smoked paprika, salt & pepper and process until all ingredients are combined.  Remove from food processor and form into patties (I got 5 patties out of this recipe).  Heat a large skillet & add remaining olive oil.  Cook over medium high heat until crispy on the outside.  Be careful flipping to avoid burger breakage.

We ate these on onion buns with jack cheese, spinach, onion and tomato (plus extra Sir Kensington's) and had fries and beers on the side.

Hopefully your protein loving loved one will enjoy these too!

I shared this recipe on the following sites, click the links for more tasty eats!
The Healthy Home Economist
New Life on a Homestead
Make Ahead Meals for Busy Mom's
My Sweet & Savory
Delightfully Dowling
Simply Sugar & Gluten Free
All the Small Stuff
Real Food Forager
Growing Home
Kelly the Kitchen Kop
The Tasty Alternative
The Kings Court IV
The Gluten Free Homemaker
This Chick Cooks
Lady Behind the Curtain
It's a Keeper
Frugal Follies
Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
Miz Helen's Country Kitchen
The Nourishing Gourmet



Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that photo is making me drool!! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,

    I'm so impressed with this recipe! Well done. I can't wait to try these. I love your ingredients (I'll just be using something in place of the wheat flour, (such as almond flour or rice flour). I will be featuring this recipe tonight on AFW!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover