Come Sail Away With Me {Sailing on Lake Michigan}

Hi Friends!  It feels good to be back in the blogosphere.  :)  Want to go sailing with me?


As part of our trip to Chicago (including Lake Bluff and Glencoe) we had the opportunity to go sailing with the "Skipper" as he's known around town.  Wow!  I'm so glad we got to do this.



I wish we were both as relaxed now as we look in that picture.  Jeez.


This was my first visit to a Great Lake.  Born and raised in Northern California, I was thoroughly amazed by the size of Lake Michigan!  I mean...wow!


Really?  This is a lake?  Like seriously?


I just couldn't fathom it.  If someone had dropped me on the shoreline I would swear I was at the ocean.


It wasn't until the end of the day that it hit me.  We got back to the dock and I realized, no ocean smell!  The salty sea smell was nowhere to be found.  Other than that, I was convinced I was at sea.  For realz.


If you ever get the chance to go sailing....anywhere...you should go.  It was really beautiful.


Have a lovely day friends! 
♥TCW


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover