Pinspiration {5 Ingredient Noodles: Veggie Laksa by Zen Family Habits}





Via

***Updated 5/4/15.  It was brought to my attention by reader Sarah H. that the Zen Family Habits link no longer works.  I have clicked all around the internet and everything for Zen Family Habits says "account suspended".  Bummer!  I was able to find this blog where she appears to repeat the original recipe (I'm going from memory here, but it looks accurate).  I have pasted her notes below, in case that link also goes bad.  I also made a slight tweak to her noted recipe wherein she talks about adding 2 cups of water to the coconut cream.  Finally, I'm leaving the Zen Family Habits links up in case the blog ever comes back on-line (there were other good recipes there, darn it!).  Thanks Sarah H. for the heads up!*****

3/4 lb fresh Singapore noodles
2oz Laksa paste or other Thai curry paste
1 large can coconut cream
2 cups mixed chopped vegetables
handful fresh basil leaves

Place noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water.  Allow to stand for 1 minute then massage to loosen into individual strands.  Drain.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of peanut or other vegetable oil in a large saucepan over high heat.
Add curry paste and stir fry for 30 seconds.
Quickly add coconut cream and slowly add up to 2 cups of hot water (or coconut milk) depending on the consistency (thickness) you want.
Bring to a boil, add vegetables and simmer for 2 minutes until vegetables are cooked to your liking.
To serve, divide noodles between 3 bowls.  Pour over curry and vegetables and top with basil leaves.

*****BEGIN ORIGINAL POST*****

Hi there tasty noodle dish!  I found this veggie laksa dish on Pinterest via Zen Family Habits.  I've made it a few times and it tastes as good as it looks.

The recipe calls for Singapore Noodles, which are rice noodles.  When making this dish I've used both chow mein and rice noodles; they each work great.  Using rice noodles keeps the dish gluten free.

The recipe also calls for coconut cream.  You can substitute coconut milk (I did this the first time), but it is much better (thicker) with coconut cream.  Canned coconut cream is now available at Trader Joe's.


I now often use the coconut cream in other Thai based/curry dishes to get a thicker sauce.

Along with this great noodle dish, Zen Family Habits also shares 3 additional 5 ingredient, 5 minute noodle dishes in the same post.

  

Happy Noodle Eating!

Do you have a noodle dish that Pinspires you?  Tell me about it!

TCW








Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Do you have the coconut curry recipe? I followed the link but the account is suspended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! You're right! I made an update above. Let me know how the recipe turns out! Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover