Pumpkin Banana Muffins with Cinnamon Glaze


I've been loving reading everyone's fall blog posts with fall leaves and fire places and pumpkins.
Fall just happened here yesterday.  We went from running the A/C to running the heat.
Seriously.


At the beginning of the month I decided to pretend it was fall anyway.
Even though it was over 100 degrees outside.
I know this is California, but 100 degrees at the beginning of October?!


Apparently Mother Nature didn't realize she was messing up all my fall recipe plans.
So, I fired up my oven and attempted to make bread anyway.
And then this happened.
I think it was Mother Nature saying "haha crazy lady cranking up your oven to make pumpkin bread on a 100 degree day!  I defeat you!".


Or maybe I just should have figured out you can't really fill a loaf pan all the way to the top really full and expect your bread to cook through.  Yeah.


And when you think, I'll show you bread! and you turn your bread out onto the cooling rack and it breaks wide open to reveal its doughy insides.  Blerg.
The bread and Mother Nature showed me.


So, when the weather got more fall-ish, I decided to make muffins instead.
I'm glad I did.  These are tasty and best served hot.


By the way, I'm glad it's now officially fall here.  My soup queue is totally overflowing and I'm ready to get my bake on.  Can you tell?


Yield: About 15 medium sized muffins
Ingredients:

Pumpkin Banana Muffins

1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used whole fat)
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
3 overly ripe bananas
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Cinnamon Glaze

1 cup powdered or confectioner's sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 tbsp. milk

How to:

Begin by preparing the batter.
Mix yogurt and butter until well blended.
Add pumpkin and bananas and mix well.
Add sugars, pumpkin pie spice and egg, mix until smooth.
In a separate bowl mix the remaining dry ingredients and add to wet mixture.  Mix until well blended.
Lightly spray your muffin tin with oil and pour the batter equally into each muffin slot.
Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and turn out onto a cooling rack.
While the bread is cooling, prepare the glaze.
Mix the confectioners sugar and cinnamon.
Add milk 1 tbsp. at a time until well blended.
Drizzle over muffins and serve.

*I'm linked up at the following sites:
The Healthy Home Economist
New Life on a Homestead
Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
Hey What's for Dinner Mom
Midnight Maniac
Delightfully Dowling
Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl
Simply Sugar & Gluten Free
Wiener Tales
Real Food Forager
Growing Home
Lady Behind the Curtain
We are that family
Tasty Traditions



Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. Oh these look so delicious! I love pumpkin bread and banana bread so this looks like you can get both in great flavors in one tasty muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New fan here via the Barn Hop. I would love for you to come share at my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/11/farm-girl-blog-fest-7.html
    And enter to win an Egg Skelter while you're visiting!
    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious!
    I would love to have you share this on Thursday at Tasty Traditions: http://myculturedpalate.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover